Christians in Theatre Arts recognizes the wide variety of post-secondary educational opportunities available to high school students who are Christians and desire to combine their passion for theatre with their passion for their faith. We strongly encourage students to consider spending their undergraduate years in a setting providing a Christian perspective on the theatre arts.
The Secondary Festival:
- Connects high school theatre students with opportunities at faith-based college theatre programs, and
- Connects college representatives with prospective theatre majors.
At the Festival, students may:
- Audition and display design portfolios.
- Interview for admission and scholarships at Christian college theatre programs.
Colleges may participate through:
- Auditions and interviews: Individual acting auditions, design portfolio reviews, and interviews may be scheduled with individual students during the Festival.
- Display: A display area is provided where you may promote your program during the Festival. Consider bringing two representatives so that one can attend Festival events to identify students you might want to interview, while the other representative is at the display meeting students who are between performances.
- Advertisement: Market your program to prospective students, and the teachers and parents advising them, in programs printed and distributed at the Secondary Festival.
- Sponsorship: Cover the cost of refreshment breaks, for which your program will be recognized verbally to the group and in a sign displayed at the tables. Break sponsors also receive a full-page ad in the program and a display table.
The following colleges attended the Secondary Festival in 2018:
- Anderson University, Anderson, SC
- Belhaven University, Jackson, MS
- Blue Mountain College, Blue Mountain, MS
- Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA
- King University, Bristol, TN
- Liberty University, VA
- North Greenville University, Tigerville, SC
- Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
- Taylor University, Upland, IN
- Union University, Jackson, TN
- University of Mobile – Alabama School of the Arts
Registration will begin October 1, 2018. Please check back then, or join our email list to be reminded.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.