Return to the main Festival page.
Download a PDF of the complete Festival Guidelines and Event Info.
- The festival exists to promote growth for student actors/designers and will provide workshops, mentoring opportunities, exposure to college and university theatre representatives, peer artist relationship building, and performance opportunities with feedback and adjudication in order to promote a well-rounded experience. All pieces chosen for performance by contestants must be appropriate for viewing by a grade 6-12 audience. Please avoid profanity, graphic content or adults-only situations in your material. We want to provide a high-quality theatre experience in a family-friendly environment. Scores for a contestant or group will be reduced for unsuitable material. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Students in grades 6 -12, or the equivalent ages, may participate in the festival. Homeschooled or students attending outside of a school or group affiliation must be accompanied by a parent or adult who is listed on the registration.
- The registration deadline is midnight Friday, January 11, 2019. Payment by credit/debit card must be received at the time of online registration. Payment by check must be received within 14 days of registration (or at check-in at the festival for late registrants). Registration with a $50 late fee will be accepted after the registration deadline, pending space availability in competition events. Cancellations before the registration deadline will be refunded, minus a $50 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds after the registration deadline.
- Groups or schools pay a general registration fee of $85, plus $20 per participating student, plus $15 per event for each student. Individuals or families pay a general registration fee of $45 plus the other fees.
- All meals and lodging are your responsibility; they are not provided with registration.
- Register early to reserve spaces in your preferred events. Space in each event is limited and will be reserved on a first-come-first-served basis as paid registration is received. Students may participate in multiple events. CITA reserves the right to close any event that reaches maximum registration. Waitlists will be created if events fill, and directors will be notified. Refunds will be issued for registration fees paid for a closed event.
- Friday afternoon rehearsal times for Ensemble Musical Theatre will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis, upon receipt of payment for registration. If more groups register than we have rehearsal times for on Friday, they will be assigned rehearsal times on Thursday between 3:00-6:30pm.
- Detailed schedules will be created once registration is closed and a schedule of performances will be available at the event.
- Check-in will open at 3 pm on Thursday, January 31. Please do not arrive early.
- Warm-up rooms will be available for your use in 15-minute non-consecutive time slots. Space is limited, so please be considerate of other contestants.
- Adjudicators will follow the criteria provided in the Festival Evaluation Forms. The top performers in each event, chosen by the adjudicators, will perform as part of the Festival Finale performances on Saturday evening.
- Please note the time limits and rules for each event. Performances which do not adhere to these criteria will not be considered for inclusion in the final event.
- Once a contestant has begun her/his performance, the room will be closed and there will be no admittance or departure allowed until the performance has concluded.
- Student behavior – onstage, backstage, and in the audience – must be courteous at all times. Any disruptive behavior may result in disqualification and/or dismissal from the grounds.